Live-in Care May Be The Best Job For You
What Is Live-in Care?
After living in their own home for years, the last thing most people want to do when additional support is required, is to go and live somewhere unknown like a care home. Live-in service can provide the alternative solution which enables people to stay in their home and stay independent for longer.
As a Live-in Carer, you reside in your client's home, providing them with support without time restrictions or travelling from one client to the next. It is a great way to start a career in caring, as it enables you to execute tasks without feeling rushed.
What Will You Be Doing?
That will very much depend on the client. You may expect to be asked the following:
- to help with personal care, cooking, and household duties,
- to support somebody with a condition like Dementia, Parkinson's or MS, assisting them with every day tasks and taking them to appointments
- to help a client with Autism or learning disabilities, assisting them with organising every day tasks, finding jobs, and/or accompanying them to appointments and social outings,
- your client may not have any traditional care needs whatsoever, but may want a companion due to their family and friends not being close.
Each job will be different due to the various needs our clients have. Before starting a job you will be introduced to the client, so you may decide whether the placement is right for you (and of course, the client).
What Kind Of Person Do You Need To Be?
Just like our clients are all different, we expect our carers to be too. When starting employment with Kemble at Home, you will be put through in-depth training which will equip you with the right skills to start work as a Carer. There are, however, certain traits that you should have as a carer:
- sense of humour
- lots of energy
- common sense
- respect for others
We work with vulnerable people who rely on our assistance, therefore a great deal of understanding, compassion and patience is required. We know it is not easy though, which is why you have support from your manager, any time, day or night.
Why Become A Live-in Carer?
We think Live-in care may be the best job for you. There are a lot of benefits of being a Live-in Carer, like:
- being a carer is an extremely rewarding job with the ability to make a real difference,
- no time restrictions - you are there 24/7 (apart from your 3 hour break every day) which enables you to not only be their carer, but also a companion,
- A minimum of a four-week-forward-schedule & shift pattern flexibility,
- learning and personal development - we will provide a variety of options for your development, so you may learn about a variety of topics which you may find of interest,
- great pay - depending on the needs of your clients, you may expect to earn between £557 and £739 per week.
Being a Live-in Carer is not a job for everyone; you need to be able to dedicate your time, and to put your social life on hold whilst looking after your client. Those that do, however, find it to be one of the best ways to make a difference in somebody's life. If you think that may be you, give us a call on 01432 352 443 or fill in the job application here.